Typical Old Indoor Electrical Switchboard

Typical Old Outdoor Electrical Switchboard


Old Electrical Switchboards Can Cause Fires and Electrocution

Fuse-style switchboards were a common feature of all electrical systems. Even up until 20 years ago old fuse switchboards were more prone to causing an electrical fire.

Poor maintenance and incorrect usage of power boards can result in home and office fires endangering lives and causing considerable damage to property. Statistics show that over 350 residential house fires are started by electrical faults in NSW each year.

Old fuse box’s only trip when they’re overloaded.

These unsafe fuse boards have wire fuses, and a fuse will melt if you exceed the amount of power ( current ) the fuse can take. During this process, the fuse heats up, then transfers the heat to the fuse holder and the cable connecting to it.

The heating up causes damage to the cable and components at the fuse board.

They do not protect against electric shock or other fault condition.

In contrast, modern-day switchboards effectively isolate & control surges in the electrical circuit, within a fraction of a second, ensuring the safety of your family.

New Safe Electrical Switchboard

New Safe Electrical Switchboard

Most old black panel fuse boards have an asbestos meter panel. If these panels are drilled into, the fibres become airborne and put everyone around at risk. An electrical switchboard upgrade will remove the old asbestos switchboard panel and make it safe for the family living in the house.

Electrical callouts can be expensive and so upgrading to a new electrical switchboard with RCDs and circuit breakers will minimise the likelihood of requiring an electrician when the circuit trips.

You will be able to easily reset the circuit yourself and get back to the things you love to do with your electricity.

Upgrade to a New and Efficient Safe Electrical Switchboard

Upgrade to a new and efficient safe electrical switchboard now to protect your family and your bank account

CALL WELL CONNECTED ELECTRICAL SERVICES ON:

0406 065 905    –    0421 669 383